It is my pleasure to introduce Wayne Berger on this episode. Wayne is Executive Vice-President of Regus Canada, the world’s largest shared workspace and co-working provider. Regus is leading a workplace revolution in Canada and around the world helping people and organizations conduct the best work of their lives from where they want and how they want, all the while immersed in a vibrant community.
Over the past 20 years, Wayne has served in executive leadership roles in both Canada and the United States in developing national go-to-market strategies, working alongside best-in-class consulting firms such as McKinsey, and building top-performing businesses, including leading an unprecedented growth plan that has doubled Regus’ footprint in Canada in less than three years. All with an unwavering passion for helping people go to bed on Sunday excited about Monday so they can achieve their ultimate goals.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Wayne leads an organization of hundreds of dedicated team members supporting over 100 shared workspace locations and co-working facilities from coast to coast under both their Spaces and Regus brands. Regus’ locations span across over 40 cities in Canada, from Victoria, BC, to Halifax, NS, and are part of a global network of over 3000 locations in over 120 countries to serve all clients globally.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- How he was able to lead and double the number of locations from 50 to 101 in less than 3 years
- Challenges on managing and leading his employees across the country spanning 40+ cities
- Taking calculated risks to listen to customers and growing the organization
- How he believes in marrying aspiration and operational efficiencies to help his customers focus on their core competencies
- What he learned from growing from a sales representative to leading sales organization
- How he lead his team through the acquisition transition with the “Shadow the Leader” philosophy
- How coaching his daughter’s soccer teams help him improve as a leader
Thanks for taking the time to listen. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.