On this episode, I speak with Humza Teherany. Humza has over 20 years in driving Technology and Business Strategy; while directly contributing to both top and bottom line results.
Compass Digital Labs began as an innovation team within a multi-billion dollar enterprise. Attracting talent from many different industries and disciplines, the dynamics of the team became part of the winning recipe.
With the mandate to drive the best possible experiences, Compass Digital Labs builds innovative solutions across industry verticals; from senior living to students, hospitals, corporate offices, sports & entertainment and beyond.
With user experience designers, mobile and back-end developers, digital and social marketing, data scientists and field service technologists, Compass Digital Labs is a leader in consumer innovation, bringing start up thinking into large enterprises across North America.
Before Compass, Humza worked at Allstream, the biggest enterprise telecommunications company in Canada, where he was Director of Business Transformation and IT Enterprise Architecture. Humza has also held various technical and management roles at Bell Canada.
Humza is an invited keynote speaker at various North American conferences every year focused on technology, innovation, and driving business results. Humza has built strong technology and business partnerships with top organizations across the globe. This network allows him to innovate creatively and quickly, accelerating business objectives.
Humza has an undergraduate degree from York University and holds various professional training accreditations from both the Schulich School of Business and the Niagara Institute. Humza also serves as the President of the CIO Association of Canada.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- Show business results very early on, not just technology “What are you going to do with the technology” — get involved in sales process
- How running a startup in university helped him grow
- What he learned from doing everything from software development to hardware infrastructure
- Learning the business, how to help businesses grow to differentiate himself
- How he developed his personal brand by harnessing the business mindset and technology background
- Trial and error, when you can contribute to grow and drive business, the rest of the opportunities come with it
- Why you should find ways to make other people be successful
- How he collaborated with marketing leadership to drive change
- Find out how to drive business results wherever you are in your career
- How family values and structure helps him guide his leadership style
- How and why he joined CIO Association and ended up President
Thanks for taking the time to listen. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.
This podcast is produced by Slingshot VoIP, a business telecommunications leader.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn |