Malgosia Green serves as the chief product officer at Top Hat and has been with the company since 2013. She leads the product management, user experience, and design teams for Top Hat’s web and native mobile products.
Green is an entrepreneur with over 12 years of experience in edtech. Prior to joining Top Hat, she was CEO and co-founder of LearnHub, which grew to be the #1 education site in India, helping connect Indian students with higher education opportunities in India and abroad.
Green has been named as one of Canada’s 20 Young Women in Power by Canadian Business Magazine and listed as one of the women in tech worth following by Betakit. She is an active speaker within the edtech, startup, and women in tech communities.
Green holds a B.Sc. in Systems Design Engineering from the University of Waterloo.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- How serendipity played a role in landing her current leadership position as the Chief Product Officer at Top Hat
- Working with people and helping them find the right career path
- What her product teams do on their week trips to ensure customer usability, opportunities, and challenges
- How to ensure you find deep empathy for the customer as a product team
- What she learned starting, scaling, and selling her company Savvica
- Her challenges managing and leading her Savvica’s team that was located in India
- Pros and Cons starting and building a business with her husband
- Why she doesn’t like to read business books
- How she uses places like the Art Gallery of Ontario and the Guggenheim Museum to help and inspire her
- Why she thinks that taking risks is essential to growing your career
- University of Waterloo
- Top Hat Website
- Top Hat on Facebook
- Malgosia on Twitter
- Both Sides of the Table Blog
- First Round Capital Review Blog
Thanks for taking the time to listen. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.