There is a change happening in today’s IT industry. More and more organizations are seeing the value of working with small to mid-sized software development companies. Experts who can really jump in and provide value quickly. Today’s guest gives us an insight into what it’s like to lead one of those companies.
In this episode, Edwin chats with business leader Mark Rickmeier, the CEO of Table XI.
Table XI is a software design and development company that builds custom software for its clients. With 18 years of experience building integrated web applications, mobile apps, and custom digital experiences, Table XI helps clients fuel growth, engage users, build audiences, sell products, tell stories and drive results.
Mark currently lives in Chicago with his wife and 2 daughters, and when he is not growing and leading businesses, he does a lot of community work in the childhood education field.
Listen as Mark talks about Table XI and the exciting and unique projects that they are working on.
Plus, Mark talks about travel, hiking, and the importance of giving yourself the gift of time.
Lastly, Mark talks about the industry change happening and why Fortune 50 companies are starting to work with smaller, more nimble experts in the field.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- The importance of integrating user experience and accessibility
- The value of assessing your strengths and weaknesses as a business leader and knowing what to do after the process
- How traveling and hiking has helped Mark keep his focus and vision
- Mark talks about the sticky note game, and how they have implemented this in their organization’s onboarding process
- The 3 factors that help organizations embrace innovation
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this episode. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe on your favourite network.
Do you currently have a podcast? If you said yes and looking to free up your time, check out my online course on SkillShare called Podcasting: Scale Your Production through Systems and Processes, sign up using this link to get two months free.