My guest on this episode is Eva Wong. Eva is Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer at Borrowell, a Canadian fintech lender that offers personal loans, free credit scores, and personalized product recommendations.
Eva’s career has spanned both the private and not-for-profit sectors, including leadership roles at The OTF, Maple Leaf Foods, UNDP and Oliver Wyman. She has studied or worked in the US, Caribbean, Africa, Asia and Europe.
She was named one of “9 Canadian Women Changing The Game” by Elle Canada magazine, one of “30 Women in Canadian Tech Worth Following” by BetaKit and a finalist for “Fintech Woman of the Year” by LendIt, the world’s biggest show in lending & fintech.
Eva holds degrees from Harvard University and Queen’s School of Business. She enjoys food blogs and baking projects with her two kids.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- How her organization is providing FREE credit scores to all Canadians
- Credit card debt, 30-40% of Canadians carry a balance every month
- Take your credit scoreOne of the largest cellular phone equipment (hint: your LTE data streams go through their equipment)
- What she learned by traveling with Mayor John Tory on a business Trade mission to the UK
- What she learned about going to her first FinTech conference
- Why she has decided to be more visible on women entrepreneur panels
- Her thoughts on building awareness for an exclusive workplace
- Creating a proper job description that identifies with everyone (aka “ninjas”)
- How she got to run a startup without any technology or entrepreneurship background
As mentioned, to get your credit score for free, click the link below (sorry, only available in Canada, at this point)
Thanks for taking the time to listen. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.