Jeff Cates is the President and CEO of Intuit Canada, a software development company that produces premier brands such as TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint. Under Jeff’s leadership, Intuit Canada has risen to become one of the top places to work in Canada, as ranked by the Great Place to Work Institute. He is responsible for helping the company become recognized as the nation’s undisputed financial solutions leader in every market it serves, by leading a team of over 400 employees dedicated to simplifying the business of life.
Cates joined Intuit in 2011, with a background that includes innovative marketing, partner management and entrepreneurship. Previously, Cates worked at Apple Canada leading their commercial business, and Hewlett Packard as vice president of their consumer division. He earned an MBA from the Schulich School of Business at York University and a bachelor of commerce degree from McMaster University.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- What it took to become the best place to work in Canada
- How to connect with employees hearts and passions
- The impact that HP and Apple had on him
- What Canada must do to improve the startups and entrepreneurs
- His involvement with Startup Canada and how he met Victoria Lennox
- His passion on Financial Literacy and making it a movement
Thanks for taking the time to listen. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.