Farhan Thawar is the CTO and Co-Founder of a Helpful.com. Most recently he was the CTO, Mobile at Pivotal and the VP of Engineering at Pivotal Labs.
Farhan is best known for scaling Xtreme Labs from 10 to 350 people and building the most popular mobile apps in the world. He is an avid writer and speaker and was named one of Toronto’s 25 most powerful people.
Prior to Xtreme, Farhan held senior technical positions at Achievers, Microsoft, Celestica and Trilogy.
Farhan completed his MBA in Financial Engineering at Rotman and Computer Science/EE at Waterloo.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- The experience growing Xtreme Labs from 10 to 350 people and building the most popular mobile apps in the world
- The benefits of paired growing and the best practices to managing it successfully
- Mobile and the enterprise, what is missing
- How the acquisition of Xtreme Labs by Pivotal helped change his leadership style
- How businesses can utilize AI for talent selection and how it will impact future jobs
- Some leadership myths not to follow
Thanks for taking the time to listen. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.