Born in Salmon Arm, B.C., founder and Co-CEO Cody Green started the online auto financing company in 2010 after working as a car salesman in Saskatoon. Cody stopped selling cars to pursue the venture in 2010, which he named Canada Drives.
In 2016, Canada Drives, placed first PROFIT 500 list as Canada’s Fastest-Growing Company. Cody was recently named among Canada’s 2017 Top 40 Under 40. Millions of Canadians continue flocking to Canada Drives to help them buy cars.
Canada Drives is on track to facilitate nearly $1 billion in loans this year, with $400 million loaned to Canadians so far. Canada Drives’ revenue grew 12,686% from 2011 to 2016.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- What he saw being a car salesman that made him decide to start his own business
- Why he moved the business to Vancouver while it was still small
- The pros and cons of sharing the CEO role and how decisions are made
- The importance of ethos when building and growing a company
- Canada Drives Website
- Canada Drives on Facebook
- Canada Drives on Twitter
- Canada Drives on Instagram
- Cody on Twitter
Thanks for taking the time to listen. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.