Today on the show, we have Bob Pickard, Principal of Signal Leadership Communication Inc., a social public relations consultancy exclusively serving senior executives dealing with digital disruption.
Outside the PR world, Bob is a busy dad raising two young children in Canada. He lived overseas for 20 years in Asia, in places like Japan, Korea, and Singapore.
Edwin and Bob talked about the role of PR in the digital age.
They dive deep on the topics of why it is important for a CEO to have social media presence especially at times of crisis.
You will also hear them talk in-depth about why PR is not just about making you popular but more importantly it is for you to build your image
Lastly, hear Bob provide you with actionable steps for your PR efforts and be a leader in your emerging industry.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- Why Signal Leadership Communication Inc. focused to serve only company’s CEO
- Top two social media platform for CEOs
- PR People who are clickers Vs. Senior Practitioner of the craft
- Listen how Bob was able to help KIA Motors to go from a reputation of being a maker of cheap cars to becoming one of the most reliable car brands
- Why being a great communicator is important for Leaders
- Is social media a key to a leader’s growth
- The difference between “Image” and “Reputation”
- Two kinds of reputation
- How to Win Friends & Influence People Paperback by Dale Carnegie
- The Reputation Game: The Art of Changing How People See You by David Waller
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
- Hit Makers: How to Succeed in an Age of Distraction by Derek Thompson
Thanks to our wonderful episode sponsors
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this episode. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe on your favourite network.
I would love to hear from you, feel free to leave me a message, question, or comment. If I can, I will play it on air and answer it there.