“Empower” is a big buzz word in the industry nowadays. And it is for a reason. Allowing your team to make decisions and take ownership of what is happening can be extremely beneficial for the whole organization.
In today’s episode, Edwin chats with Index Exchange’s Chief of Technology Officer, Marc Stavely.
Marc leads over 185 engineers at Index Exchange, the largest ad exchange in the global advertising marketplace.
When not working, Marc is an outdoors person. He is an avid hiker, canoeist, snowshoer, skier, and camper. He is also an engineer at heart, having designed and built his own house.
Listen as Marc discusses how he has grown as an effective technology leader throughout his career by empowering the team he leads.
Plus, he talks about the rise of agile and how this methodology has fueled his leadership.
Lastly, Marc talks about the characteristics that every emerging business leader needs to succeed.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- How he developed and adjusted the leadership styles that allowed him to become a successful business leader.
- The mindset changes that he had to make to move away from micromanaging.
- The positive results of empowering the team he leads by allowing them to make decisions.
- Marc discusses Agile methodology and it advantages over the waterfall method.
- He shares his thoughts on new innovations like AI and how to train the workforce for this.
- Work Rules! by Laszlo Bock
- Measure What Matters by John Doerr
- Brave New work by Aaron Dignan
Thanks to our wonderful episode sponsors
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this episode. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe on your favourite network.
I would love to hear from you, feel free to leave me a message, question, or comment. If I can, I will play it on air and answer it there.