Jack Newton is the founder of Clio, one of the pioneers of cloud-based practice management. He founded Clio 9 years ago to bring law firms to the cloud. When he is not busy managing Clio, you can found him jumping into the ocean when it’s this time of year, enjoying the warm weather, getting a relief from the hot streak. He is a husband and a father to three young children.
In today’s episode, Edwin and Jack caught up with how Clio educate the legal community on the security-, ethics- and privacy-related issues. He also shared the core values that inspired his team to be in a founder’s mindset.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- The challenges lawyers have to face after Law School
- How Clio will help lawyers adapt to and embrace the changes with technology
- Find out the two key decisions Jack made to scale their company
- What is the founder’s mindset and how it helped for client’s retention
- Draw the Owl and other Clio’s core values that every organization should have
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this episode. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe on your favourite network.
I would love to hear from you, feel free to leave me a message, question, or comment. If I can, I will play it on air and answer it there.