My guest today is Mark Organ, the founder, and CEO of Influitive, helping companies mobilize their advocates to produce massive increases in referral leads, reference calls, social media participation and more.
Mark first revolutionized B2B marketing as the founding CEO of Eloqua (ELOQ), the world leader in marketing automation software, which was acquired by Oracle for $871M. In between, he was a go-to-market consultant for SaaS companies in North America and Asia.
Mark has also helped over a dozen software companies successfully go to market in asymmetrical or disruptive ways as a consultant and entrepreneur.
With an M.S. in Neuroscience from Northwestern University and a passion for understanding human psychology, Mark is a dynamic speaker with a unique vision centered not only on business success and technological.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- The reason why budgets are moving from the CIO to the CMO
- How he was able to lead the team to work with no pay for 9 months and not drawing a salary for 2 years
- The importance of backing your business with data
- What he means when he says “In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king”
- Why leaving Eloqua relieved of the burden of leadership
- Motivation is the key activity we do as an entrepreneur and leader
- Why companies go through waves of growth and focus
- The reason why Toronto is a great place to grow and scale a company
- University of Waterloo
- Top Hat Website
- Top Hat on Facebook
- Malgosia on Twitter
- Both Sides of the Table Blog
- First Round Capital Review Blog
Thanks for taking the time to listen. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.