Do you know what forms the foundation of our freedom?
Listen to this episode to find out.
Today we have Ann Cavoukian, former 3-Term Privacy Commissioner of Ontario, and currently Distinguished Expert-in-Residence, leading the Privacy by Design Centre of Excellence at Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada.
Ann sat down with Edwin to talk about the importance of ensuring the future generation’s freedom.
Not only that, you will hear Ann talk about AI.
She dived deep on why AI is a hot topic now and is there a basis that this is something to be scared about.
Lastly, hear Ann’s advice to business leaders about privacy.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- When privacy became a huge growing issue and why it’s very important
- How to gain a competitive advantage by implementing privacy in your business
- Privacy by design – how it became part of the biggest law globally and how companies can be certified with it
- How people and businesses can raise their awareness of privacy
- Why some people think privacy is dead plus the evolution of the decentralized model of data collection and privacy engineering
- Why AI ethics is such a hot topic
- Building trust and a positive relationship with your customers using privacy
- What is a Data Map and its benefits in your business
- Advice on business leaders regarding privacy
- Global Privacy and Security by Design
- Privacy by design
- European GDPR
- Tim Berners-Lee
- Ann on LinkedIn
- Ann on Twitter
Thanks to our wonderful episode sponsors
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this episode. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe on your favourite network.
I would love to hear from you, feel free to leave me a message, question, or comment. If I can, I will play it on air and answer it there.