So happy to have Victoria Lennox on today’s episode. She is the co-founder and CEO of Startup Canada, the national rallying community supporting and giving a voice to Canada’s 2.3 million entrepreneurs.
Victoria is recognized by the United Nations Development Programme and the European Union as one of the foremost experts in entrepreneurship education; ecosystem and program architecture, governance, development and implementation; and, in fuelling entrepreneurship movements and awareness campaigns.
As the catalyst for Startup Generation and the host of Startup Nations, Victoria supports and mentors the development of youth enterprise organizations in more than 20 countries; provides advisory support to international organizations in the areas of entrepreneurship networks, education and policy development; and supports colleges and universities in enhancing their entrepreneurial activities. Countries around the world are also working to emulate Startup Canada’s methodologies and activities, viewing the organization, under Victoria’s leadership, as the best practice in fuelling entrepreneurship culture.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- How she changed focus from her career in policy and politics policy to leading an innovation nation of entrepreneurship in Canada
- How Startup Communities grows and fosters leaders of tomorrow
- What she learned when she was undergoing chemotherapy
- Her leadership style and how she empowers her teams
- How she is launching projects and programs to support women
- What she started after traveling with the Governer General of Canada
Thanks for taking the time to listen. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.